Old Town – New Perspective
Fringe Exhibition 2023
Old Town- New Perspective, is a collection of contemporary photographs taken by Ewan Barry and Audrey Pinard.
Introduction: Over the last year we’ve continued our exploration of the area surrounding our Blackfriars Street studio, the Cowgate and Canongate in particular. It’s a record of things we’ve come across on our day to day movements in a relatively small area of the city, either travelling to and from the studio or on our photographic tours of the Old Town.
1. Figure in the Cowgate, Edinburgh
2. Make-up on revolving door, Edinburgh
3. Washing line shadow , Old Town, Edinburgh
4. Mitre Bar, High Street, Edinburgh
5. Corbel Shadow, Edinburgh
6. Old College gate, South Bridge, Edinburgh
7. Sinking Ship, Upper Bow, Edinburgh
8. Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
9. Tenement reflections, Cowgate, Edinburgh
10. Adam House, Chambers Street, Edinburgh
11. Old College shadow, South Bridge, Edinburgh
12. Scottish National Gallery, The Mound, Edinburgh
13. Morris Oxford, Cowgate
14. Shadow, Scottish Parliament 1.
15. Chimney Shadow
16. Shadow, Scottish Parliament, 2
17. Hutton Road, Canongate
18. Shadow, Cowgate
19. Scrimshaw and reflections, National Museum of Scotland
20. Magdalene Chapel, Cowgate
21. National Monument, Calton Hill
22. Old Town People
23. Craigs Close, Dice on Brougham Street, Carrubbers Close, Canongate, Graffiti, South Bridge, Pirries Close.
24. Greyfriars Kirkyard
25. Calton Road
26. Stevenlaw’s Close.
27. Victoria Street from Upper Bow
28. Castle Reflection, Candlemaker Row
29. Gullan’s Close 1
30. Scotsman Building, North Bridge
31. 19 St Andrew Square
32. Fomer Poice Box, Prince’s Street
33. Old Calton Burial Ground
34. Gullans Close 2
35. Taxi, Cowgate
36. Ghost Sign, South Bridge
37. Corbel shadow, Chambers Street
38. contact sheets, various assignments, clockwise from top left:
Deanston Distillery, Caledonian Brewery, Seriously Good Venison, Speakeasy at The whiski Rooms, Scottish Hydro Challenge, Fishermen’s Mutual Association, Leith Victoria AAC, Kilberry Bagpipes.
39. Shadow, South Bridge; Chessel’s Court; Studded Door, Canongate
40. Dave Wardell, Kilberry Bagpipes
41. Infirmary Street from the Royal Oak
42. Ghost Signs, Old Assembly Close
43. Sneaky Pete’s, Cowgate
44. Royal Oak; Allan Grant
45. Tinned Haggis, Shop Window, High Street
ALL PRINTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE
The range of Sizes we’re able to show is limited but we’re able to print to
the size of your choice to order.
We also organise Photography WalkingTours of the city which take in some of the
locations shown in the exhibition. Please ask for details.
(print only, without frame – £35)
with mount and 40×40 cm Matt Black Aluminium Frame – £95
all prints are signed and dated.
A2 torn poster prints, unframed: £45
Torn poster prints are also available to order on Hahnemule photo rag and German Etch paper: POA
6×4 inch Traditional C-type print with mountt – £15.00
Edinburgh Posters – £7.50
Exhibition Poster – £5.00